Although we are not as spoiled for good weather here in the UK as some of us would prefer, we still get our fair share of summery weather, too. And when it’s boiling outside and we can hardly concentrate on our screen, there is nothing better than a cold, refreshing, fruit-packed smoothie.
You can put literally anything in a smoothie and make it sweet or tangy — options for personalisation are endless! However, sometimes it is difficult to make a decision when you are overwhelmed by choices, so some info from one of First Edition’s latest projects (which was part of a monthly magazine translation endeavour for Monsieur Cuisine via the German publisher NGV) might come in handy.
In this article, which we translated from German, you can find some great tips and tricks to make the most of your smoothie for a vitamin-filled drink. You can learn about the best ingredients to add to your morning or afternoon drink.
And if you are still not sold on the idea of trying a smoothie this summer, you might be convinced if you look at the benefits listed in the article:
- Smoothies are always quick to make: all it takes is a blender and some fresh fruit and veg. It’s ready in a matter of seconds. These days, you can also buy freshly made smoothies here, there and everywhere.
- You can have them anytime, anywhere: whether you’re on the train, at work, at a picnic or on the beach, a smoothie makes the perfect thing to take along with you.
- Good food: if you’re making your smoothies yourself, you always know exactly what’s in them. And that will mostly be unprocessed foods. A smoothie often makes a much healthier alternative to snacks or even meals.
- Less waste: You might have a banana with a few brown spots, a slightly limp lettuce or an overly ripe avocado, but they can all go into your smoothie without impairing the taste whatsoever. Smoothies are great for using up leftovers, so you don’t end up with masses of food waste.
- Simply healthy: with the right ingredients, a smoothie can be a true elixir of health. It can detoxify your body, replace whole meals and supply you with energy, vitamins and lots more nutrients.
Source: Monsieur Cuisine Magazine, translated from German by FE’s team
Now that we have finished this fun and informative translation at First Edition, we are certainly not sitting on the fence any more about the benefits of smoothies!
Our Project Manager, Melanie, who was looking after this project, enjoyed managing this fun German to English translation: “This was another nice little translation project for Monsieur Cuisine, which was especially delightful as I regularly enjoy a smoothie myself for my morning breakfast. I enjoyed reading the text and learning more about smoothies!”
Erika, NGV’s Editor responsible for the Monsieur Cuisine projects has been satisfied with the translations and project management First Edition offer, and not just for this particular article:
“Thank you, Melanie and team, for translating the magazine texts every month! It’s great to know that we can always count on you to keep the Monsieur Cuisine world alive with your translations.”
Erika B., Editor at NGV’s International Editing Department
Do you have any questions about smoothies? (After all, we are now semi-experts!) Or do you have another, translation-related enquiry?
Get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our friendly project managers will be more than happy to help you!